Sep 10, 2020
On the morning of 9/10/20, Curry County Public Health received notification of a new case of COVID-19. This current case has been verified and confirmed by the Health Officer through lab results.
Public Health has made contact with the individual, who is a Curry County resident and is at home self-isolating, monitoring symptoms.
Curry County Public Health is conducting case investigating and contact tracing of this case and will reach out to anyone suspected of exposure to COVID-19.
As of September 10th, 2020, the total verified number of positive cases in Curry County is currently 25, with 20 recovered cases, 5 active cases, zero hospitalizations and zero deaths.
Read the Press Release.
Sep 09, 2020
Health officials urge residents to take the following steps to avoid the health effects of smoke exposure:
- Be aware of smoke concentrations in your area. Avoid the places with highest concentrations. Residents can check the current air quality conditions on the Oregon Smoke blog: http://oregonsmoke.blogspot.com/. Avoid outdoor activities when air quality is unhealthy to hazardous.
- To avoid smoke, either leave the area or protect yourself by staying indoors.
- Keep indoor air cleaner by closing as many windows and doors as possible without letting your home overheat. Consider using a HEPA room air cleaner.
- Avoid strenuous outdoor activity in smoky conditions.
- People with chronic lung or heart conditions, the elderly, and children are more sensitive to the health effects of wildfire smoke. People who suffer from asthma or other respiratory conditions should follow their breathing management plans, keep medications on hand, and contact their health care provider if necessary.
Key LinksCOVID-19 Updates Curry County Government on Facebook Budget Calendar 2020-2021 Proposed Curry County Budget 2020-2021 Curry County Strategic Plan Web Maps and GIS Sheriff & Jail Emergency Management Emergency Operations Plan Notify Me Title VI Plan Employee Directory Public Health Directory Public Records Request What Is A Special District?