Lost or Found Animals

If you have lost or found an animal, here are the steps you can take to locate your loss Rover, or Mittens and reunite the pet with its family:

Contact the Curry County Animal Services at 541-247-3366.  Leave a message with the following information (whether you lost or found an animal):

  • your name and telephone number
  • where the pet went missing/was found (cross streets and city)
  • the date your pet went missing/was found.
  • Name, sex, age, size, color(s), and distinguishing marks.
  • If it has a collar, state the color.
  • If it has a dog license, state the dog license number on the metal tag.
  • Mention if your lost animal has a microchip.

Check out the LOST/FOUND animals posted on our website. 

If you LOST an animal, you should also come to the Gold Beach (Wild Rivers Animal Rescue) and Brookings (South Coast Humane Society) shelter yourself… and keep checking (by phone or in person.)  It may take a few days before your animal is turned in…and in the case of cats, it may take a few weeks.

If you FOUND an animal, take him/her to the Gold Beach Shelter or call 541-247-3366 for Animal Control Services.  Owner contact information is available for all animals with license tags.

Text (541-373-7152) or email (codeenforcement@co.curry.or.us) a picture of the animal to Animal Control for public distribution along with your contact information and location the animal was lost or found.  Use social media to spread the word - post on your Facebook page and ask your friends to “share.”  Put up flyers, especially in front of your house.  Many people drive around looking for their lost animal or looking for the owner of an animal they found. A large yard sign will help them locate you.

Avoid The Heartache

  • keep visible ID on your animal at all times!
  • License your dog with the County… It is the law, a licensed dog is more likely to be returned to its owners.
  • Get your pet “microchip” with an electronic chip that contains your contact information. The shelter and many veterinarians have equipment that can read the chip information so that they can contact you and return your pet to you safely.
  • Make sure you contact the chip manufacture if you move or your phone number or email address change.

Lost/Found Fillable Form.