Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I?

Find pets that are available for adoption?
Pets available for adoption are posted on the various Shelter websites and Pet Finder.  Links to these sites are contained on this site’s Lost/Found and Adoptable page .

Report a lost pet?
Call animal control at 541-247-3366 and leave a message.  Contact local animal shelters.  Check the Lost/Found webpage on this site.   

License my dog or cat?
For information how and where to license your dog,  register your cat or other animals, see Pet License

How can I get help with spaying or neutering my pet?
See Spay and Neuter page of this website or contact your veterinarian or local shelter.

Who should I call about stray or barking dogs?
For any animal control related problem during business hours, call Curry County Animal Services at (541) 247-3366. For any animal control related problem after hours, call Curry County Animal Services at (541) 373-9644.

How can I help?
Curry Animal Services uses the services of volunteers on the Curry County Animal Rescue Team during emergencies and disasters; to help with the fostering of large domestic animals, conducting animal training programs, and by providing animal food to your local shelter or dropping food off at our office for distribution to shelters and needy.  Local shelters need volunteer workers to: walk and socialize dogs and other animals, assist with shelter services, volunteer in shelter support programs (such as non-profit boutique stores) and fostering of animals.  Please, contact the Shelter, or apply for a volunteer position with Curry County by completing an online Volunteer Application.