Preparation is a lifelong journey
94235 Moore Street, Suite 311
Gold Beach, Oregon 97444
New CERT Basic course coming soon in Gold Beach! Friday evening, August 10th, from 5-8pm, and Saturday and Sunday, August 11-12th, from 8am-5pm.
The CERT Basic Course is delivered in the community by a team of first responders, and other qualified volunteers. Instructors will present the following topics:
- Disaster Preparedness: Addresses hazards specific to the community. Materials cover actions that participants and their families take before, during and after a disaster as well as an overview of CERT and local laws governing volunteers.
- Fire Suppression: Covers fire chemistry, hazardous materials, fire hazards and fire suppression strategies. However, the thrust of this session is the safe use of fire extinguishers, controlling utilities and extinguishing a small fire.
- Medical Operations Part I: Participants practice diagnosing and treating airway obstruction, bleeding and shock by using simple triage and rapid treatment techniques.
- Medical Operations Part II: Covers evaluating patients by doing a head to toe assessment, establishing a medical treatment area and performing basic first aid.
- Light Search and Rescue Operations: Participants learn about search and rescue planning, size-up, search techniques, rescue techniques and rescuer safety.
- Psychology and Team Organization: Covers signs and symptoms that might be experienced by the disaster victim and workers, and addresses CERT organization and management.
- Course Review and Disaster Simulation: Participants review and practice the skills that they have learned during the previous six sessions in a disaster activity.
Curry County Emergency Services Resources
Subject: How Will You Stay Informed About Emergencies?
Your safety is our top concern – that’s why the Curry County Sheriff’s Office - Emergency Services wants to make sure you know about emergencies and incidents as they happen.
Curry County is now using Curry Alert System powered by Everbridge to make sure you know about issues that may affect your safety. This system allows Emergency Services to contact thousands of residents in mere moments.
Get up-to-the-minute information
via email, texting, and phone!
How Does It Work? The process begins when local emergency services issues a message through your primary contact path about a potential safety hazard or concern. If you don't confirm receipt of the message, the system will try to reach your second contact path and continues trying to reach you until you confirm receipt.
The success of this service relies on YOU. Having your latest contact information is the only way to ensure that we can contact you in an emergency. It only takes about a minute to enroll.
Go to any one of the following websites –
Curry County (http://www.co.curry.or.us/)
City of Brookings - http://www.brookings.or.us
or directly to http://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736723773#/login
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category